GetWorkerFIT is an end-to-end solution designed to support your career from identifying your skills all the way to job placement.
“If I knew then, what I know now”
GetWorkerFITTM utilizes an online career assessment and planning tool that equips individuals with the self-knowledge of their strengths and a plan geared toward choosing, preparing for and securing an in-demand career.
“If I knew then, what I know now” is an all too common phrase for many recent grads, unemployed or underemployed people in this country. Whether you earned a degree or not, knowing the aptitudes and abilities you can offer an employer is critically important to your career success.
Our comprehensive career assessment requires approximately 2 hours to complete. The individual is guided through each step of the process using engaging avatars. Upon completion, your individual results are displayed, a career plan is established and all the available matching in-demand careers is listed by zip code.
The next step in the GetWorkerFIT process is to schedule a session with one of our career coaches to go over the results to get laser focused on your career plan.
“A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden
Our Career Coaches guide you through all your options to help you realize your potential so you can determine your path to the rightFIT
PhysicalFIT is a screen of musculoskeletal health and physical fitness that gathers objective information about physical capabilities in areas like full body range of motion, coordination, balance, vision and dynamic strength. All of these represent key physical attributes important for proper job placement and performance.
PhysicalFIT is an optional module in the GetWorkerFIT program.
Employers want to make sure essential Job functions are Performed Safely on Day 1
93% of Employers believe that Universities are Failing
GetWorkerFIT Professional Skills Training
Today, there are six million unfilled jobs in this country. Those jobs are unfilled because many employers have found that applicants lack the needed skills for those jobs. It doesn’t matter if you are working in retail, the sciences, or construction, professional skills are the foundation of a successful career. GetWorkerFIT is designed to help fill the skills gap between what skills you currently have and what employers are demanding.
Employers Want Graduates Who Can:
- Communicate in all Forms
- Utilize Microsoft Office & Internet Plus Tools
- Utilize Innovative Thinking & Problem Solving Skills
- Have Business Acumen
- Work in Teams to Execute Against Goals
- Adapt to Change
- Have Self-Management Skills
Accenture (2017) defined these as the Essential Skills for employees across all industry sectors. Enrolling in the GetWorkerFITTM Professional Certifications, supports the job seeker in obtaining these employer required and sought after professional work skills.
The GWF program is a blended program of online courses and experiential labs. In the experiential labs participants are required to demonstrate they have competency in each skill through focused activities and based on a specific rubric. At the completion of each professional course the participant is awarded a micro-certification leading up to the national certification for professional skill attainment- GetWorkerFIT Certified (GWFC).
- Customer Service
- Confidentiality in the Workplace
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Professional Image
As part of the FinishFIT program, you have the option to work with a virtual GWF Certified Coach who reviews your resume and cover letter, and conducts virtual mock interviews. Through this process, you receive direct feedback on how to improve the overall presentation of your skills both in writing and in person.
“You Never get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.”
“Employers and Recruiters Identify Candidates with Pre-qualified Skills”
Employers and Recruiters come to you.
WorkerFIT is a people search, not just a word search like the majority of job search databases. Our WorkerFIT job search database is used by employers and recruiters looking for people with your unique skills, aptitudes and abilities to match the right person (you) with the right job. WorkerFIT is the first and only database that can be searched for both internship and employment opportunities that fit your personal skillset. When you complete AssessFIT, you are automatically entered into WorkerFIT database and as you progress through the GetWorkerfit program, your certifications are updated to your profile.
When looking for a job there are several benefits of being listed in the WorkerFIT job search database:
- WF database is a living resume that stays with you for as long as you like. You can update and modify it, you can make yourself visible to employers, or, if you have found the perfect job, turn the search feature off.
- WF early search model: If you have not yet achieved degrees or certifications but are looking to get your “foot in the door,” WF can help. Your personal strengths and skills are automatically generated in your profile after taking AssessFIT. This information is put in our WF personal profile to allow companies to find you for your awesome potential, even if you don’t have a lot of credentials or experience.
- Companies search for you on your strengths, aptitudes and interests improving the likelihood of finding the right fit for you. Don’t waste time interviewing for jobs that are not the rightFIT for you.
- Best of all, your WorkerFIT listing is a FREE part of the GetWorkerFIT program!