Research shows that individual learning plans are linked to improved academic motivation, engagement, decision making, and personal accountability.
“If I knew then, what I know now”
“If I knew then, what I know now” is an all too common phrase for many recent grads, unemployed or underemployed people in this country. Whether you earned a degree or not having the knowledge about your strengths and the value you can bring to an employer is critically important to your career success.
GetWorkerFITTM utilizes is an online career assessment and planning tool that equips individuals with the self-knowledge of their strengths and a plan geared toward choosing, preparing for and securing an in-demand career.
The comprehensive career assessment requires approximately 2 hours to complete. The individual is guided through each step of the process using engaging avatars. Once completed, they receive personalized knowledge about their strengths, skills, and interests as well as a list of all the in-demand careers available in their zip code.
The next step in the GetWorkerFIT process is to schedule a session with one of our career coaches to go over the results to get laser focused on a career plan.
“A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden
The key to the coaching session is to expose and expand what an individual sees as a possible and to explore what they could be good at. You truly don’t know what you don’t know and we believe this is why individuals do not reach their potential because they have not found where they fit in.
Our professional career coaches help them discover and develop a step by step educational and or career plan to guide them toward their yet undiscovered potential. That may require additional education or a certification, but whatever it requires to elevate them to the next level, our coaches are trained to help.
PhysicalFIT screens musculoskeletal health and physical fitness to help provide students with objective information about their physical capabilities in key areas important for job performance.
- Vital Signs – Resting blood pressure and pulse are checked, because high blood pressure is a modifiable risk factor that may necessitate medical management before applying to some jobs or increasing physical activity.
- Near Vision Screen – Near vision is checked because visual acuity can be improved with corrective lens to promote quality and productivity during occupational tasks such as computer work, reading small print or close inspection for defects and other abnormalities.
- Far Vision Screen – Far vision is checked because visual acuity can be improved with corrective lens to promote quality, productivity, and safety during occupational tasks such as operating moving vehicles or monitoring the activities of people.
- Active Movement Screen (AMS) – This series of 25 active movements is performed to establish an objective baseline of musculoskeletal health. It includes flexibility and balance movements such as squatting or standing on each leg.
- Two Square Agility Test (TSAT) – This is a timed functional mobility test of stepping back and forth between two squares to assess dynamic balance and fall risk.
- Lift/Carry Strength Tests – This is a functional assessment of dynamic lift/carry strength that is performed to determine the overall category of materials handling strength (e.g. light, medium, heavy) to promote matching with suitable jobs.
** PhysicalFIT is an optional module in the GetWorkerFIT program.
Employers want to make sure essential Job functions are Performed Safely on Day 1
93% of Employers believe that Universities are Failing
Chegg’s research looked deeply at the disconnect from the perspective of the employer, university faculty, and recent graduates and found that 93% of Employers believed that Universities were failing in developing the skills among their graduates that were most critical for employers.
In this same study 80% of college graduates reported that they felt that their Universities had let them down in preparing them with the skills for the world of work. And yet, 98% of University faculty, participating in the same survey, felt they were doing a good job of preparing graduates for work and for life.
This study went on to define what employers are demanding of their new hires.
Employers Want Graduates Who Can:
- Communicate in all Forms
- Utilize Microsoft Office & Internet Plus Tools
- Utilize Innovative Thinking & Problem Solving Skills
- Have Business Acumen
- Work in Teams to Execute Against Goals
- Adapt to Change
- Have Self-Management Skills
Accenture (2017) defined these as the Essential Skills for employees across all industry sectors. Enrolling in the GetWorkerFITTM Professional Certifications, supports the student in obtaining these employer required and sought after professional work skills.
The GWF program is a blended program of online courses and experiential labs. In the experiential labs students are required to demonstrate they have competency in each skill through focused activities and based on a specific rubric. At the completion of each professional course the participant is awarded a micro-certification leading up to the national certification for professional skill attainment- GetWorkerFIT Certified (GWFC).
Professional skills are the foundation of building a successful career. It does not matter if you are working in retail, construction or in IT mastering these essential skills are the key to becoming a true professional.
FinishFIT is an optional program that supports GetWorkerFITTM students in preparing for all types of interviews and job searches. Through a blended program participants focus on:
- Customer Service
- Confidentiality in the Workplace
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Professional Image
As a part of the FinishFIT program, participants take courses online and then have the option to work with a virtual GWF Certified Coach who reviews the participants resume and cover letter and provides virtual mock interviews. Participants get direct feedback on how to improve their overall presentation of their skills and competencies both in written formats as well as in person.
“You Never get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.”
“Employers and Recruiters Identify Candidates with Pre-qualified Skills”
There are significant differences between the WorkerFIT job search database and the other ones on the market.
- WF validates the certifications, degrees and competencies before they can be searched.
- Employers in WF search for you based on your special skills, certifications and degrees not just by a word search, which is what all the other job search companies do.
- WF Internship search model: If you are a high school or college student and you have not achieved degrees or certifications but are looking for the perfect internship WF can help. After taking AssessFIT your strengths were identified and put into your profile. This information is put in our WF database to allow companies to find you for your awesome potential and offer you an internship.
- WF database is a living resume that stays with you for as long as you like. You can update and modify it, you can make yourself visible to in need employers or if you found the perfect job turn the search feature off. Best of all this is free, think of it as your own personal marketing agent!