GetWorkerFITTM has a Multi-faceted Approach in addressing the Difficult Task of Finding the Right Employee that will be Productive on Day 1.
“Know the Aptitudes, Values, Interests and Personality type of Prospective Employees”
What if the same tool was able to match prospective employees to the exact requirements of your in-demand jobs by zip code? Would that information be valuable to have before making hiring decisions? Would that information be valuable to laser focus your recruiting and on-boarding of new hires versus rolling the dice?
GetWorkerFITTM utilizes is an online career assessment and planning tool called AssessFIT. The underlying premise of AssessFIT is that every occupation requires a distinct combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and requires the performance of a variety of specific activities and tasks.
The individual results of AssessFIT equips individuals with the self-knowledge of their strengths and a plan geared toward choosing, preparing for and securing an in-demand career. This is a tremendous benefit to employers in finding not only the most qualified, but highly motivated employees that can be productive on their first day of work.
The next step in the GetWorkerFIT is to schedule a session with one of our career coaches to go over the results to get them laser focused on a career plan.
We believe the reason why individuals do not reach their full potential is because they have not found where they fit in. Our professional career coaches help establish and develop a step by step education and career plan to discover undiscovered potential. This may require additional education or certification, but no matter what it takes to elevate to the next level, our coaches are trained and prepared to help.
“Expose and Expand what an Individual Sees as a Possibility”
Employers want to make sure essential Job functions are Performed Safely on Day 1
What we know from common sense and research, is if a worker is not physically able to perform job tasks, they have a significantly higher risk of sustaining an injury, a lower retention rate and low job satisfaction. Early understanding of the individualTMs physical capabilities not only is valuable to shape educational and career decisions but also employment decisions.
PhysicalFIT screens musculoskeletal health and physical fitness to help provide businesses with objective information about their employee’s physical capabilities in key areas important for job performance, job placement and job safety.
- Vital Signs – Resting blood pressure and pulse are checked, because high blood pressure is a modifiable risk factor that may necessitate medical management before applying to some jobs or increasing physical activity.
- Near Vision Screen – Near vision is checked because visual acuity can be improved with corrective lens to promote quality and productivity during occupational tasks such as computer work, reading small print or close inspection for defects and other abnormalities.
- Far Vision Screen – Far vision is checked because visual acuity can be improved with corrective lens to promote quality, productivity, and safety during occupational tasks such as operating moving vehicles or monitoring the activities of people.
- Active Movement Screen (AMS) – This series of 25 active movements is performed to establish an objective baseline of musculoskeletal health. It includes flexibility and balance movements such as squatting or standing on each leg.
- Two Square Agility Test (TSAT) – This is a timed functional mobility test of stepping back and forth between two squares to assess dynamic balance and fall risk.
- Lift/Carry Strength Tests – This is a functional assessment of dynamic lift/carry strength that is performed to determine the overall category of materials handling strength (e.g. light, medium, heavy) to promote matching with suitable jobs.
** NOTE: If the job is in a high risk industry or high category of materials handling, we recommend additional functional testing to assure the potential employee is safe to perform these essential job functions. Contact us for more information about advanced assessment services.
CheggTMs research looked deeply at the disconnect from the perspective of the employer, university faculty, and recent graduates and found that 93% of Employers believed that Universities were failing in developing the skills among their graduates that were most critical for employers.
In this same study 80% of college graduates reported that they felt that their Universities had let them down in preparing them with the skills for the world of work. And yet University faculty participating in the same survey, 98% felt they were doing a good job of preparing graduates for work and for life.
This study went on to define what employers are demanding of their new hires.
Employers Want Employees Who Can:
- Communicate in all Forms
- Utilize Microsoft Office & Internet Plus Tools
- Utilize Innovative Thinking & Problem Solving Skills
- Have Business Acumen
- Work in Teams to Execute Against Goals
- Adapt to Change
- Have Self-Management Skills
Accenture (2017) defined these as the Essential Skills for employees across all industry sectors. Enrolling in the GetWorkerFITTM Professional Certifications, supports the student in obtaining these employer required and sought after professional work skills.
The GWF program is a blended program of online courses and experiential labs. In the experiential labs students are required to demonstrate they have competency in each skill through focused activities and based on a specific rubric. At the completion of each professional course the participant is awarded a micro-certification leading up to the national certification for professional skill attainment- GetWorkerFIT Certified (GWFC).
Employers can be assured when an applicant holds a GWF Professional Skills Certification, they have the skills to be productive and make a difference on day one!
FIT for Work , FIT for Life
93% of Employers believe that Universities are Failing
“You Never get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.”
FinishFIT was designed to put the finishing touches on the most important assets we have our GWF students. We make sure they fully understand the old saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”Psychology research tells us that within the first minute of meeting the applicant the interviewer makes up his/her mind if they are going to hire them or not. Emphasis is placed on preparation and presentation; their time to shine starts before they walk through the door.
FinishFIT is an optional program recommended for job seekers to prepare for interviews, job searches and all types of opportunity scenarios they may encounter. Job seekers are trained in:
- Portraying a Professional Image
- Strong Body Language
- Interviewing Skills
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Focus on a Customer Service Attitude
- Confidentiality in the Workplace
As a part of the FinishFIT program, job seekers complete online courses and have the option to work with a GWF Certified Coach who reviews the participant’s resume and cover letter and practices critical interviewing skills. Participants get direct feedback on how to improve their professional image, showcase their skills and competencies and put their best foot forward.
There are significant differences between the WorkerFIT job search database and others on the market.
- WF validates the certifications, degrees and competencies before they can be searched.
- Employers in WF search for you based on your special skills, certifications and degrees not just by a word search, which is what all the other job search companies do.
- WF Internship search model – If you are a high school or college student and you have not achieved degrees or certifications but are looking for the perfect internship WF can help. After taking AssessFIT your strengths were identified and put into your profile. This information is put in our WF database to allow companies to find you for your awesome potential and offer you an internship.
- WF database is a “living resume” that stays with you for as long as you like. You can update and modify it, you can make yourself visible to in need employers or if you found the perfect job turn the search feature off. Best of all this is free, think of it as your own personal marketing agent!
“Employers and Recruiters Identify Candidates with Pre-qualified Skills”