GetWorkerFIT™ has a multi-faceted approach to address the difficult task of finding the right employee that can be productive on day 1.
- A functional job analysis (FJA) is performed that quantifies the essential functions, qualifications, competencies, and physical aptitudes required to safely perform a specific job or task.
- The software uses a proprietary algorithm to search our database to find potential employees that possess the competencies, skills and aptitudes that match the job requirements.
- The software returns a list of validated and qualified workers making the hiring process more efficient and cost effective.
- To assure that you chose the right person we have put in metrics that allow you to track the key measures of success that are important to you.
GetWorkerFIT™ Functional Job Analysis (FJA)
A Functional Job Analysis is performed to quantify the physical abilities, skills and competencies required to perform the job.
The GetWorkerFIT™ Functional Job Analysis (FJA) provides key information about the essential tasks, competencies, skills and physical abilities required to be successful in performing a job.
Using our web-based reporting platform, our professionals (or the company’s representatives trained in FJA) perform an on-site analysis of each job looking at key components that may include:
- Interviewing and surveying incumbent workers (doing the job), supervisors and upper management to understand expectations and what constitutes successful performance of the job.
- The education, skills and competencies required to perform the job and what specialty certifications or degrees are required.
- What professional skills are important (i.e. communication, problem-solving, understanding business, working in teams etc.).
- What are the physical demands of the job, which includes environmental conditions, materials, tools, and equipment used to perform the work.
The GetWorkerFIT™ FJA data is managed in the WorkerFIT web-based HIPPA-compliant platform. This innovative software solution uses the FJA data to match with our validated and qualified pool of workers.
At GetWorkerFIT™, it is our belief that all hiring, termination, return to work (RTW), transitional work and disability decisions be based on a comprehensive understanding of the essential functions of a job. The standard job descriptions that most companies have do not provide the level of detail required to make these key employment decisions that, in the long run, may place the employer and the employee in jeopardy.
The GetWorkerFIT™ Matching software (JobFIT) is revolutionizing how employers find qualified workers and how qualified workers find the right job/career.
It is also of note that July 26, 2017 marks the 27th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). The critical inquiry under this amended law is whether covered entities have engaged in an interactive process that supports reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. An accurate representation of the functional job demands is essential for ADA compliance and is the first step in guaranteeing that your company has a comprehensive plan in place to guard against inappropriate injuries or disability claims.
WorkerFIT JobMatch Software
Our software algorithm matches the skills, competencies and physical demands of the job with validated qualifications of workers.
GetWorkFIT has an innovative WorkerFIT platform that enables analysis, validation and objective matching of worker and job qualifications. We innovate worker-job match by standardizing the application of common factors and scales to our worker and functional job profile databases.
Our proprietary search feature enables a best match (gap) analysis that eliminates time wasted to review or respond to unvalidated worker resumes or job postings:
- Worker Search is a criteria-based search of the worker profile database registry to identify workers that best match the skills, competencies and physical abilities of a specific job or search profile. The combination of pre-qualification and search eliminates much of the wasted time and cost with traditional methods of recruitment and medical screening.
- JobSearch is a criteria-based search of our functional job profile database. This allows job coaches to identify jobs that best-match the skills, competencies, and physical abilities of a specific worker profile. This provides the job coach with a gap analysis to communicate the most realistic job options and to identify priorities for career development, physical conditioning, or modifications to enable access to better jobs.
This 2-way search makes our WorkerFIT platform a disruptor to the way employers and workers currently search for a match.
The process is simple (see video). We have a series of dropdown menus that allow you to choose various search criteria, for example:
- Categories: This is a group of common factors for example, certifications, educational level, materials handling abilities, communication skills, and languages you speak.
- Factors: This is the specific category attribute that you are searching for. For example, if you are searching under the category “Certifications”, the factor dropdown will list all the certification types that are available for search.
- Operator: For worker search, the default selection is “=” or “=>” for the factor ratings to determine which workers are qualified to perform jobs with that rating level. For job search, the operator selected is usually “=” or “<=” for specified factor rating to determine which jobs a worker is qualified to perform based on the worker’s ability level.
- Rating: This changes based on the type of factor scale that is applied. For example when searching for materials handling tolerance it will list the various categories like light, medium or heavy, which relates to the weight range the job requires.
- Required: This dropdown list has two options, required or optional and relates to how much importance is placed on the worker having this skill or ability. When a factor is required on Worker Search, the results only return workers that match that factor.
Once the search criteria are entered then the search button is clicked. A list of all the qualified workers that possess those particular attributes will be returned. A percentage of match is part of the search results so that you can prioritize viewing only those that have, for example, a 75% match or above.
You can continue to add additional search criteria to continue to narrow down toward the specific skills and attributes you value most in a new employee and that matches the requirements of the job. You can also save and name this search criteria for future use when you have additional job openings.
The returned workers that match your search criteria can be clicked on and you can see their entire profile to allow you to decide if they are someone you want to interview.
Two Approaches to Hiring Qualified Workers
Our software returns a list of validated and qualified workers making the hiring process more efficient and cost effective.
The Traditional Process for recruiting and hiring workers is inefficient and costly for employers and job seekers. GetWorkerFIT™ has developed an objective Search Process to identify the best-matched job candidates from a registry of job seekers that are pre-qualified by job-relevant skills, competencies and physical abilities. This eliminates wasted time for employers to review individual resumes and reduces wasted time for workers to apply for jobs that would not be qualified to perform.
How does the Search Registry of GetWorkerFIT™ save recruiting time and costs?
TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Advertise job opening internally to existing employees and wait for internal job applications.
Elapsed time: 7 days
- Advertise the job posting or conduct a text query search of un-validated resumes to ID possible candidates.
Elapsed time: 7 days
- Review and Prioritize Submitted Job Applications and Resumes
Elapsed Time: 7 days
- Interview Best Candidates
Elapsed time: 7 days
- Conduct Background Check
Elapsed time: 2 days
- Extend and accept job offer
Elapsed time: 7 days
- Post-Offer Physical Exam
Elapsed time: 5 days
- Confirm Job Offer
TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT PROCESS DURATION: 42 days (6 weeks)
GetWorkerFIT™ SEARCH PROCESS
- Select job search criteria and request applications from best-matched pre-qualified candidates.
Elapsed time: 0 days
- Contact and interview the best-matched job candidates
Elapsed time: 7 days
- Develop and finalize job offer.
Elapsed time: 7 days
GetWorkerFIT™ PROCESS DURATION: 14 days (2 weeks)
GetWorkerFIT™ can make your recruiting and hiring process more efficient and cost effective let us show you how.
Request a Demonstration
How do you know you made the right hire?
The Answer is in the Data!
The GetWorkerFIT™ database provides the ability to track the metrics that are most important to an employers business. For example, an employer can monitor an individuals:
- Professional growth within the company
- Skills, certification and educational attainment
- Identify areas of growth to improve job performance
- Workers Compensation injury history (lost time/ restricted duty days) with the company
- Salary metrics
The GetWorkerFIT™ database also provides the ability to aggregate the data for company wide analysis of trends or patterns that all employers need to monitor:
- Success of your hiring practices and how long do new employees stay on the job?
- What are skills, certifications and competencies of your current workforce?
- What are the specific and essential functions of your jobs to help make key HR decisions?
- Workers Compensation trends or patterns that require intervention?
Finding the right person is a difficult, costly and time consuming. When you decide on the “right” candidate, the on-boarding, training and integration process is once again, difficult, costly and time consuming.
The GetWorkerFIT™ tracking program allows employers to monitor the success and possible failure of their current practices in order to promote positive change and improve productivity and efficiency.