As a WordPress Developer at GetWorkerFIT, you will be working with our Lead technology Officer and our small team made up of talented individuals with a passion for education and helping people find the right career path. We are looking for a Cleveland Ohio area based, self-motivated individual filled with inspiration and isn’t afraid to take initiative.
This position is for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress, familiar with premium plugins such as LearnDash, Woocommerce, Gravity Forms and the ability to learn and help maintain our custom plugin source code. You enjoy finding solutions to complex problems and are up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies, engaged in the open source community and enjoy working with a company that is pushing online education forward.
This is a part time position with the possibility of full time, working both on-site in our local office and remotely with our Lead Technology Officer. We want to work with someone who can be a positive, humble and contributing member to our small team, take the initiate to better themselves as a developer and apply that knowledge to improve our service offerings and help our company succeed.
Complete understanding of the WordPress core software, its functions at the code level including hooks and filters. Experience building WordPress themes/plugins.
- Manage WordPress administrative tasks, plugin settings and configurations.
- Modify website content and help troubleshoot issues, contribute to customer tech support.
- Maintain and update existing custom plugins and source code.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building and knowledge of best practices for UI / UX
- Experience developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT)
- Intermediate understanding of PHP back-end development
- Customer Service Skills
- Understanding of web hosting and basic server administration