Coaches help you get to where you want to be by allowing you to unlock your hidden potential
Are you interested in becoming a Career Coach for GetWorkerFIT?
Come join our network of part-time coaches who are making a significant difference in the lives of students and others who are just starting their careers, and with the under and unemployed who are seeking create a better future for themselves.
This flexible opportunity allows you to create your own schedule by working only a few or as many hours a week as you like.
What Makes a Good Coach?
A critically-thinking, empathetic, motivator who can meet with our students and job seekers to build a trusting relationship and guide them through our program. A results-oriented person who is non-judgmental, creative and a great listener, and who guides individuals through a process of reflection, self-discovery, and creating a meaningful and actionable career plan.
- Ability to connect and engage with individuals from varied backgrounds
- Active listening
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Goal setting oriented
- Critical thinking
- Committed to service
- Inspirational motivation
- Willingness to share insights and your own life experiences
- Proficient in the use of office and computer technology – especially navigating web-based applications
- If hired, Career Coaches must bring their own laptops to client coaching sessions
- Working knowledge of personality and vocational assessments (MBTI and Holland Code)
- Knowledge of vocational and career trends
- Leadership, training and advising experience
- Team and staff management
- Public speaking and community engagement (is a plus)
- Maintains standards of professionalism
- Bachelors degree and/or extensive experience in leadership and team management
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in coaching, counseling, higher education, adult learning, or leadership development
- A minimum of 5 years of formal coaching and/or leadership skills training